The Holiday season has approached us quickly, and traveling will become more prevalent within the next couple of weeks. No matter if you are traveling one hour away or 14 hours away ,taking an essential oil travel kit with you is a great idea! No matter traveling by train, plane, boat, or automobile these essential oils below are my go to oils that I don’t leave home without.
Geranium is a go to essential for any occasion. It is useful in situations such as stomach aches, skin care, sleep aide, and many more. In the case of traveling, it is quite frequently used for several issues.
Lavender is the do all essential oil in my eyes. Everyone should have a bottle on hand no matter what. When you travel, lavender essential oil can help give you get a good night sleep, treat a burn or scald, or be used to lighten the mood of the environment.
Traveling for several hours can cause you to possibly become tired and non- alert when driving. Eucalyptus is a great option to put in a diffuser in your car and keep everyone alert. USB Car Essential Oil Diffuser
Peppermint is by far my favorite essential oil. It helps elevate headaches which is a common symptom from travel for most people. Also, it is a great option to put on sore and ache muscles after a long day of sitting.
*Below are several options on how to combat traveling discomforts:
- 2 drops of Eucalyptus on cotton balls and distribute them in different area of your vehicle.
- Take 1 tablespoon of a carrier oil and 3 drops peppermint essential oil and rub it on the insides of your wrist.
- Take 1 drop of carrier oil and 1 drop of peppermint oil and rub around your temple as well as on the inside of your wrist
- Another option is take 1 drop of carrier oil and 2 drops of lavender oil and rub it on your temples
- Take 1 drop of geranium and 1 drop of lavender to a tissue and keep it in a plastic bag. If you feel anxious you can take out the tissues and take a deep breath for a second and then breath out.
- Put 2 drops of geranium and 2 drops of lavender in your car diffuser to reduce travel anxiety
- If you don’t have a car diffuser, you can take cotton balls and distribute them throughout your vehicle with 2 drops of peppermint and geranium on each cotton ball
- If you have a car diffuser you can put 3 drops of peppermint and 2 drops of geranium in the diffuser
- Take 1 tablespoon of a carrier oil and 2 drops of peppermint oil and massage the area that is sore for about 2 minutes.
- Take 1 tablespoon of carrier oil as well as 5 drops of lavender and geranium and massage it over the stomach area.
Lack of Sleep:
- If a bathtub is available fill the tub up and put ten drops of lavender oil and it will calm your body for a great night of sleep
- If a bathtub is not available, take a hot shower with and add 5 drops of lavender oil to your shower
(Disclaimer: I am not a professional. The oils above are what I have you used and that have worked for me when I traveled. They may have different effects on people. What may work for me may not work for you. Never be afraid of doing your research on essential oils and experiment with different mixtures. Don’t forget the carrier oil)